Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Hello World! The Golf Gods Strike Tiger

Welcome to the first post of my golf site, Grouchy Golf. I started this site to opine about my passion. I hope that you enjoy it and maybe even learn a thing or two. I greatly value any feedback that you can provide. This site is fueled by reader comments, so please, take a couple of seconds to jot down your thoughts about anything regarding this site. Thanks, and now onto my first posting...

Golf is such a love and hate sport. Just look at Tiger Woods. For about 5 years he simply dominated the sport. I mean the dude was winning majors by double digit stroke margins! Now, due to a microscopic tweak in his swing, he's been reduced to "Good" as opposed to "Jesus of Golf" PGA player status.

As a result, everyone and their moms are dissecting Tiger's swing and trying to offer swing advice. In fact, my mom recently told me that she thinks Tiger's swing is way out of "synch" and noticed that his clubface at the top tends to be shut. She observed that on the downswing, Tiger is coming too much on top of the ball, which occasionally produces an open clubface at impact causing the ball to push right.

Jeez, I can't think of anything else that could drive Tiger to the looney bin faster. Well, that and losing to in 2 consecutive Majors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a scary site