Monday, December 20, 2004

Happy Holidays from Grouchy Golf Blog

Well, I'm going to take a much needed break from this golf blog to enjoy some of the balmy weather here in Los Angeles. It won't be a White Christmas here, but I'd much rather have a "Sunny" Christmas in T-shirts and shorts each and every year. I lived on the east coast for about 3 years so I know that people who claim to want a White Christmas are just trying to make something positive out of a miserable situation. I think my sociology professor called this "cognitive dissonance."

Here's what a White Christmas means to me:
  • Freezing your arse off
  • Layering and bundling, but the cold still finds the smallest opening to freeze your arse off
  • Staying indoors and going stir crazy
  • Sliding out of control on the icy roads
  • Astronomical heating bills
  • And most of all, no golf
Anyway, I plan to play a couple of local So. California courses with some friends that are visiting for the holidays. I may also venture out to Vegas for some cooler climate golf and some Texas Hold'em...

I will return to golf blog again in the first week of 2005. Best wishes to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you as well.

I found your site today and wanted to inform you that I intend to add a link from my own golf blog to your site. I'd be thrilled if you did the same. One can never have enough golf news, after all. :)

Aaron

http://misterslice.com

Golf Grouch said...

Thanks Aaron. I linked your site. Keep up the good work. I'll try to read it daily. Good luck and hit 'em staight.

A WALK IN THE PARK said...

Hey Mav: funny but if you look at my blog, I said exactly the same thing! Winter = too cold and no golf. We'll also have to play some hold 'em together soon!
Jay. http://jayflemma.blogspot.com