Friday, May 30, 2008

Amy Winehouse Ugly? That Must Be Really Bad!

I watched the CBS broadcast of the Colonial last weekend. There was plenty of poor play, but one player hit such an awful shot that it would've embarrassed a hack like myself. The quick-witted Gary McCord deadpanned, “That shot was ugly, very ugly. That was Amy Winehouse ugly.” I hit the floor laughing.

If you think about it, that must have been one helluva ugly shot. Because not only is Amy Winehouse fugly appearance-wise, she has an ugly drug addiction problem, an ugly attitude, and a downright ugly voice, IMHO. When I first heard her music, it sounded to me like a woman high off her rocker on crack. And that was before she was caught smoking the rock on video! I've heard her albums multiple times out of sheer peer pressure to be cool, but I just don't get it. I find her music old-fashioned and nothing special. It is perplexing to me why she is so popular and receives so much universal praise for her music. I'm tempted to hold American Idol-like auditions at drug rehab centers around the country to find the next "musical genius" and really milk this craze!

I applaud Gary McCord for continuing to interject his hilarious but dead-on accurate comments during golf broadcasts. While uptight old farts like the might find his comments offensive, I find them entertaining, especially during boring golf tournaments. Gary McCord is good, very good. He is Tiger Woods good. Well maybe not that good!

9 comments:

Average Golfer said...

Just a hunch, but I think piano man is a tad miffed.

Curious, is this uglier than Whoopi Goldberg ugly?

Anonymous said...

I put indiscriminate name callers right in there with club throwers as another good reason not to sign up as a single. Golfers have always had a reputation for being classy people - times are indeed a changing!

Average Golfer said...

Grouchy,

Looks like the PC police found your site.

At the very least let's not be sexist. "Larry Bird ugly" .

Anonymous said...

When I was commenting on the piano man's name calling I forgot to add what I think is even uglier than WG or AW and that would be the Golf Channel's weak attempt to keep golf fans from reaching for the remote - the suits are making the GC almost impossible to watch!

Anonymous said...

Let's get Tonya Harding involved in the conversation, from eTrueSports.

Wearing a “Phil Rules” t-shirt, Tonya Harding was arrested this morning for carrying a concealed weapon – a metal rod - near a Torrey Pines practice green where Tiger Woods was practicing. “Weird,” said Phil Mickelson, who denied any knowledge of Harding’s presence.

Hooked On Golf Blog said...

In my isolated, rock & roll golf blog world, I seem to have missed who this chick is. But from the looks of her, she could use a few less tatt's and a few more slices of pepperoni pizza.

chefsheila said...

oh yeah...amy has been it with an ugly stick. and if phil wants to associate one's shot with physical nastiness...so be it...it was like "did i jsut say that out loud?" kind of comment. I give the utmost kudos for voicing it.

Anonymous said...

amy winehouse is the hottest women i ever laid eyes on. robert cress

SanDiegoSteve said...

I guess nobody will have Amy to kick around anymore. I thought she was a pretty good looking woman when she tried. Very sad.